DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
The Department of Special Education is committed to maintaining high expectations and strong instructional practices in order to achieve equitable outcomes for every student receiving special education services and supports in New Caney ISD.
At the core of who we are, we believe:
- Every student can!
- All students, regardless of disability, are to be treated with dignity and respect.
- A partnership between home and school is essential in creating an attainable plan for a student's future.
- Collaboration between special education and general education is essential for the success of all students.
- Special education services should minimize the impact of a disability while maximizing opportunities for students to participate to the maximum extent possible in the general curriculum through the student's least restrictive environment (LRE).
- Fueling self-efficiency to assist in the successful transition into higher education, employment, or post-secondary services for all students.