Ada Lea Casey Annex History
The Ada Lea Casey Annex (The Learning Center) was one of three original schools built to service the New Caney area. The Ada Lea Casey Annex was established in 1936 as a crudely constructed building and was rebuilt as the current building in 1938. The Ada Lea Casey Annex was originally constructed to service all grade levels. Today the Ada Lea Casey Annex houses The Learning Center, the district’s alternative school.
Ada Lea Casey was the first principal of the Ada Lea Casey annex, and the school was named in her honor. Ada Lea Casey was born on August 7th, 1887 and lived to be 99 years old when she died May of 1986. After retiring from education, Ada Lea moved to Splendora where she lived out her life. Upon her death, she was buried in Splendora Cemetery.